4.21.2016

Iconic Prince has Passed

I grew up in the 80's and one of my favorite, all time performers, is Prince.  I remember clearly when I attended, in purple, of course, his Purple Rain concert.  When learning today of his passing -- well let's just say me and millions of others are heart broken.  Only 57 years young.  Way too early, my friend.  Here is the update on his passing....

Prince made an appearance at Paisley Park last Saturday, just one day after he was hospitalized with flu symptoms. On April 15, TMZ broke the story that Prince was rushed to the hospital after his plane made an emergency landing in Atlanta. Carver County Chief Deputy Jason Kamerud confirmed a response to a medical call at Paisley Park at 9:43 a.m. Thursday.

Born Prince Rogers Nelson on June 7, 1958, Prince was the creator of the pop-funk Minneapolis sound that permeated the 1980s music scene. At 5’2, his physical stature was small, but Prince was a titan of musical innovation and showmanship.
Prince is best known for his hits Let's Go Crazy, Little Red Corvette, Purple Rain and When Doves Cry. In 2004, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll of Fame.